TDR Annual Report 2018/19

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Telecommunications services are fully ingrained into every aspect of our lives, both at work and at play. We have high expectations for those services. If there is an issue, we expect a remedy. If we need to raise a complaint about those services, someone should be there to listen and to act. At TDR, we hear those complaints. Our role is to help those customers reach a resolution.

The great news is that 97.5% (2416) of all complaints and enquiries received were swiftly resolved or closed directly by the telecommunications provider after initial assistance and referral by TDR. Of those remaining 2.5% of complaints and enquiries, TDR helped sort things out. Our expert facilitators and mediators assisted 25 people (1%) to resolve matters collaboratively in 2019 and made a decision on the remaining 38 matters (1.5%) that could not be resolved mutually.

Those customers who do require our assistance can rest assured that they will be in safe hands. 96% of overall complainants were very satisfied or satisfied with their TDR experience. 91% of our customer survey respondents strongly agreed or agreed that TDR staff are friendly and courteous, and 91% also strongly agreed or agreed that TDR staff listened and understood their complaint. We pride ourselves on our customer satisfaction, and this is demonstrated by our Net Promoter Score which remains impressively high, at +81.

Billing remains the top complaint theme (908), as it has year for year since 2007. However, we are seeing a noticeable increase in other complaint categories compared to the last reporting year, particularly customer service complaints which have almost doubled (from 323 to 623) and credit management complaints (rising from 135 to 225). Ultra-Fast Broadband related complaints are substantially lower than in the previous two financial years, we have seen a decrease from 172 to 85 fibre installation complaints this past year.

While only a small portion of all telecommunications consumers may need our services, it is important that they have access to a free and independent service. At TDR, we value the trust and confidence that both telecommunications providers and consumers place in us to help restore, repair and resolve whatever issues may arise.

More information on TDR and the cases we see is available in our Annual Report. To find out more about TDR visit www.tdr.org.nz or freephone 0508 98 98 98.

TDR Annual Report

TDR's 2019 Annual Report is available to download as a PDF document.
You can download the report here: TDR Annual Report 2018/19.


For more information

To find out more about TDR, please visit www.tdr.org.nz
For media enquiries, please contact Nora.McGlinchey@FairWayResolution.com

Feedback

If you have any feedback on TDR’s Annual Report, please get in touch. Our email address is contact@tdr.org.nz