Telecommunication Dispute Resolution (TDR) deals with complaints from consumers about services provided by their telecommunications company.
TDR can consider:
- Complaints about companies that are TDR Scheme Members
- Any service or product, including pre-pay mobile phones, from a telecommunication company that is part of the Scheme. You can also complain about how you have been charged for products and services (but not the pricing)
- Complaints from residential and small business customers (and organisations) - those with less than 20 full time employees
- Complaints that are made to TDR within 12 months of your initial discovery of the matter you are complaining about
- Complaints that involve claims for $15,000 or less. That can include claims for compensation for direct loss, such as for example replacement costs for hardware, or costs for a technician to inspect or make repairs.
TDR can't consider:
- A telecommunications company's pricing (except where what is billed differs from pricing information provided during the sales process)
- Complaints about equipment or software that is not supported by the telecommunications company
- A telecommunications company's network coverage (except where the network coverage received differs from the available coverage indicated during the sales process)
- 111 calls - please refer this to the relevant emergency service: Police, Fire, Ambulance
- Yellow Pages advertising content - please liaise directly with Yellow Pages Group. Complaints about advertising content, in general, should be directed to the Advertising Standards Authority
- A complaint that is also subject to legal action and/or is being made somewhere else, such as through the Courts
- Complaints about domain names-- please refer to the Domain Name Commission
- Requests for information
- Issues that are covered by the Privacy Act - please refer to the Privacy Commission
- A complaint that has already been looked at by TDR
- Claims for compensation for indirect loss e.g. time/wages lost during dispute resolution.
Full details of types of disputes covered, and exclusions, can be found in the Customer Complaints Code.
If TDR is unable to help with your issue, these other organisations - listed under 'Resources' - may be helpful.